Protective eyewear is a special commodity, which refers to the protective equipment equipped by workers to avoid or reduce accidental injuries or occupational hazards during their work.
Workers engaged in electric welding, gas welding, steel making, and glass blowing should wear anti-arc radiation glasses. So, what is the role of welding protective glasses?
The role of welding protective glasses:
The ultraviolet rays generated by electric welding can cause damage to the cornea and conjunctiva tissue in a short time (the most serious is 28nm light). The strong infrared rays generated easily cause opacity of the eye lens. Welding protective glasses can block the above infrared and ultraviolet rays, and protect the eyes. This lens is based on optical glass, using colorants such as iron oxide, cobalt oxide, and chromium oxide. A certain amount of cerium oxide is added to increase the absorption of ultraviolet rays. The appearance is green or yellow-green. Can block all ultraviolet rays, infrared transmittance <5%, visible light transmittance is about 0.1%.
Precautions for the use of protective glasses:
1. Select and wear protective glasses of appropriate size to prevent them from falling off and shaking during operation and affecting the use effect.
2. The spectacle frame and the face should match to avoid side light leakage. If necessary, use glasses with eye protection or anti-sidelight type.
3. Protect the face mask and glasses from moisture and pressure to avoid deformation, damage or light leakage. The welding mask should be insulated to prevent electric shock.
4. When working with face-shield goggles, replace the protective sheet at least once in a total of 8 hours. When the filter of the protective glasses is damaged by the splash, it should be replaced in time.
5. When the protective sheet and filter are used in combination, the refractive power of the lens must be the same.
6. For air-supply welding masks with dust-proof and gas-proof masks, they should be maintained and used in strict accordance with relevant regulations.
First aid measures for light-wound eyes caused by electric welding:
1. After the occurrence of electro-optic ophthalmia, the simple emergency back application is to use human milk or fresh milk that has been cooked and cooled to apply eye drops to relieve pain. The method of use is to start every few minutes. As the symptoms alleviate, the time to order human milk or milk can be extended appropriately.
2. You can also use a towel soaked in cold water to apply your eyes, rest your eyes closed.