Particles and debris of the substance, sparks and heat flow, dazzling light and smoke can cause eye damage. So, what is the role of safety glasses?
Although it is impossible to say which part of the body is more important for safety protection, in construction, electric power, petrochemical and other operating occasions, the head is indeed the most vulnerable and the most critical part. So, what is the role of safety glasses?
The role of safety glasses:
(1) Anti-shock goggles can prevent the impact of metal fragments or chips, sand, stone chips, concrete chips and other splashes on the eyes. Metal cutting operations, concrete chiseling operations, portable grinder operations, etc. are suitable for wearing such flat goggles.
(2) UV protection goggles and radiation shields for UV protection and strong light. The radiation shield used in the welding work should be made of non-conductive material, and the size of the observation window, filter, and protective film should be consistent and seamless. The color of the goggles is a mixed color, preferably blue, green, or gray.
(3) Simple goggles against harmful liquids are mainly used to prevent eye damage caused by liquids such as acids and alkalis and other dangerous injection bodies and chemicals. The general lens is made of ordinary glass, and the frame is made of non-metallic corrosion-resistant material.
(4) The goggles made of lead glass made of a certain amount of metallic lead in the glass of the lens are mainly used to prevent X-rays from damaging the eyes.
(5) Protective glasses against dust, smoke, and various toxic gases with slight toxicity or weak irritation must be sealed, covered with no ventilation holes, tightly contact with the face, and the frame should be acid and alkali resistant.
Precautions for the use of protective glasses:
1. The selected goggles should use products qualified by the product inspection agency;
2. The width and size of the goggles should be suitable for the user's face shape;
3. Roughly worn lenses and damaged frames will affect the eyesight of the operator and should be replaced in time;
4. The goggles should be used by someone to prevent infectious eye diseases;
5. The filter and protective film of welding protective glasses should be selected and replaced according to the required operation;
6. Prevent heavy falls and pressure, and prevent hard objects from rubbing lenses and masks.